Small Town in Minnesota Might be the Most Haunted Place in the State
There's a pretty small town in Minnesota that's in the Twin Cities the population is only 301 people and based on stories I've heard and read, this may be the most haunted place in the whole state.
The town is called Grey Cloud Island.
It's not exactly an island but whatever.
Before we get into these stories, do not trespass on private property.
Back to the fun! According to Haunted Rooms some locals hate ghost hunters coming through. Some hate them so much that they chase them out of town.
Grey Cloud Island was home to many Native American settlements in the past. It's now home to "Grey Cloud Cemetery and a large concentration of Native American burial mounds."
There's a long list of ghostly happenings that people have claimed to see according to Haunted Rooms:
- In the cemetery, people have seen a former Indian Chief roaming around with a green lantern. Some say they just see the Chief, and others say they just see a floating green orb.
- Some say when there's a full moon they can hear drums beating.
- A white truck appears out of nowhere and chases visitors off the island, then vanishes into thin air. Some say the truck has no driver. Others say this isn't a ghost and is actually a local who's chasing ghost hunters out.
- There's a group of 12 tombstones at the cemetery that all belong to nuns. If you walk down the line you can count all 12 but when you turn back around there won't be 12 anymore.
- People have heard voices coming from nowhere.
- Some have heard a woman screaming.
- There's apparently a translucent man that people have seen carrying a rifle and smoking and wearing a red flannel and orange hat. One woman says she saw him just staring at her saying nothing and when she got in her car to leave she saw him sitting in her backseat.
- One group that went to the island claimed to have heard a child whisper "don't come back" as they were leaving.
- Some say they've seen a woman mourning the loss of her baby.
- There was a person who drove to the cemetery and when they tried to start up their car again to leave it had lost all power. The car was pushed to the other side of the cemetery gate and it started up just fine.
Yep, that's quite the list of creepy things happening. I think I might have to pass on checking this place out! What about you?
Local Police Dept Warns Ghost Hunters Headed to Grey Cloud Island
Note: We do not encourage trespassing of any kind. Please be respectful and do not attempt to visit any private property without permission from the property owner.
If you want to hear about more haunted places around Minnesota, keep scrolling to see stories about haunted hotels within an hour of Rochester.