Faribault Winterfest is This Weekend
The 5th Winterfest Celebration takes place this weekend in downtown Faribault beginning this evening with the Hometown Holidays event at Buckham Center.
Santa arrives on a fire truck for the 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. free event which also includes cookies, popcorn, special holiday music, family activities.
Friday the official lighting of the sponsored Holiday Trees in Central Park takes place.
Saturday Winterfest is topped off with the parade. Fireworks are going off before Grand Marshal Laura Bock helps lead the parade followed by a street dance under heated tents with music from Fender Bender.
Kelly Nygaard, Faribault Tourism Director and Main Street Minnesota coordinator told KDHL AM Minnesota listeners today the event has grown each year.
She provided us with a listing of all the events which we've included below.
Thursday Dec 1:
- Ice Carving by Sakatah Signs Carving and Creations from 4-8pm on the corner of 4th St and Central (In front of Heartman Insurance)
- Horse Drawn Wagon Rides (hop on at Buckham Center) 4-7pm
- Bethlehem Academy choir will perform at 5:30pm, the BA Band performs at 6:30pm
- Window Decorating Contest throughout downtown 4-8pm pick up voting ballot at Community Center
- Hometown Holidays at the Buckham Center with Santa Claus, music, games and activities, and more.5-7:30
Friday, Dec 2:
- Snow Sculptures in Central Park by SSM students and staff (stop in to see the process) 5-6pm
- Tree Lighting with Park and Rec at 5pm-6:30pm
- 6th, 7th, and 8th grade band choir and orchestra students from the Faribault Middle School perform on stage from 5-6pm
- Tours of the Cathedral of our Merciful Savior from 5-6:30pm, enter through Cloister doors
Saturday, December 3:
- Sleds on Central Vintage Snowmobile Show 1-4pm on the 400 block of Central Ave. This event is free.
- Craft Spirits Holiday Market at 10,000 Drops Craft Distillery 11am-4pm
- Christmas Market Craft Fair at American Legion 10am-5pm
Cannon Valley Farmers' Indoor Market at the Buckham West Senior Center Cafeteria from 12-3 pm
- Alexander Faribault French Canadian Christmas Open House 11am-3pm
- Fireworks, 5:45pm. Launching from Crooked Pint/Viaduct area
- Parade of Lights visible along Central Ave. between 1st Street and 6th St. 5:50pm
- Street Dance on 400 block of Central Ave in a heated tent with bar, music by Fender Bender 6:30pm-10pm
13 Odd Water Towers Around Minnesota that Will Make You Do a Double-Take