Trivia Facts About Today That Will Make You Feel Old
As I was surfing the interwebs, I came across a few facts today, facts that made me feel oh so old. You can find out just about anything online, including the totally useless trivia that I find. I could clean up on "Jeopardy," "I'll take useless crap for $2000 Alex." Of course any new trivia I learn means I lose something I really need, but, since I don't remember it, I don't worry.
All of this trivia refers to August 17th.
- 1969 - The Woodstock Music and Art Fair in New York ended.
- 1984 - Motley Crue gave its performance debut at the Monsters of Rock festival at Castle Donington, England.
- 1986 - Rick Allen (Def Leppard) played his first concert with his band since losing his left arm in a car accident. Also, 42 people were beaten or stabbed at a Run D.M.C. concert in Long Beach, CA.
- 1985 - A year-long strike began when 1,400 Geo. A. Hormel and Co. meat packers walked off the job.
- 1995 - Security guards carried Courtney Love offstage after she began fighting with Hole fans because they weren't cheering loud enough during the last night of the Lollapalooza tour in Mountain View, CA.
- 1996 - Ross Perot was announced to be the Reform Party's presidential candidate. It was the party's first-ever candidate.
- 1998 -Former US President Bill Clinton admitted to having an improper relationship with Monica Lewinsky, a White House intern.
How many of these do you remember happening? With the exception of Woodstock, I am old enough to remember all of these events. My parents did not even know each other in 1969, but, I still feel old after reading all of these. You would think these happened less than 10 years ago, and in reality, several of them are 30 or more years ago.
For even more trivia, you can click here.