Rochester Man Faces Child Rape Charges
Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - A Rochester man has been accused of repeatedly sexually assaulting a young girl.
37-year-old Eduardo Alberto Hernandez-Torres was arraigned on Friday in Olmsted County Court on two counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct and a second-degree criminal conduct charge. The criminal complaint alleges he repeatedly sexually assaulted the victim over a span of seven years starting in November 2012 when she was 5-years-old.
Court documents indicate an investigation against Hernandez-Torres was started in late May after the victim, who is now 15-years-old, spoke with a police officer while helping to translate for her mother about a custody issue. During the conversation, the teenager told the officer she had been sexually assaulted by Hernandez-Torres and told another person about the crimes a year and a half ago but stated both of them were afraid of the defendant and did not report it at the time.
The charges against Hernandez-Torres include allegations that he gave the victims pills of an unknown drug on several occasions and used violence and threats of violence against her. She described incidents when he struck her with a fist or slapped her, and on one occasion how he allegedly grabbed the girl by the neck, causing her to have a hard time breathing.
While the alleged sexual assaults ended several years ago, the criminal complaint says the victim described being threatened by Hernandez-Torres in February of this year not to tell anyone "about the stuff he had done to her." She also told investigators she received a text message from him in early May that included an apology for his actions.
Following his arraignment on Friday, Hernandez-Torres was released on conditions without bail and was ordered to return to court on June 24th.
News Update: Paynesville Woman Gets 12-Years For Sexually Assaulting Teen
$25,000 Rewards Offered in Two Rochester Cold Case Murder Investigations