What $5,000 Can Get You?
Well the KDHL Cash Cow has begun and Carly and I were thinking about what would we do if we won the 5k. So what exactly would $5,000 buy? So glad you asked because it can purchase A LOT of stuff!
1. Pay down your credit card debt - According to Nerd Wallet the average American household has $15,654 in debt.
2. Get a really expensive pet -The Ayam Cemani Chicken costs around $2,500 and is considered the Lamborghini of poultry. Or stay local and adopt a shelter cat or dog, or better yet pay for the pets to be adopted and deserving families get a pet for free!
3. Start a business - Be BOLD, buy a cart and sell hot dogs in the summer or better yet buy some gently used lawn equipment and a plow and conquer Mother Nature!
4. Embrace your inner-self - Go on that dream vacation! You know the one, the one where you secretly dream about, or maybe mentioned to your spouse and you got the eye-roll. Right now you can spend a week in St. Augustine for two people and only spend $2,500. Go twice for that price!
5. Contribute to your IRA - 5k will put you to the almost max amount you can contribute to in a year...maybe thinking about older you is a good idea!
6. Blow it all on a burger - The FleurBurger 5000 consists of a Wagyu beef and foie gras burger patty topped with truffle sauce and shaved black truffles, served on a brioche truffle bun. Maybe keep some money for the return flight from Vegas, where it is served.