Waseca Wins Class 2A Boys Track and Monticello Girls Title
The Faribault Falcons boys track team finished in the top 20 at the MSHSL State Meet which concluded Saturday at St. Michael-Albertville High School.
Waseca tallied 39 points to win by one point over Worthington. Stewartville was third with 36.50 points.
The Falcons 22.50 points earned them 17th. The only Big Nine Conference team to do better was Mankato East with 32 points and a fifth place finish.
Winona was 19th, Mankato West 26th, Austin 36th.
An amazing race was conducted in the 300 Meter Hurdles Final when seven of the eight participants beat the Class record of 39.68 set last year by Jack Fischer of Orono.
Faribault junior Cristian Escobar placed 7th with a time of 39.67.
Tayven Peterson, senior from Mora is state champion with a time of 38.22.
Falcons 4x200 Meter Relay was third at state. JJ Schrot, sophomore, Derrick Sando, junior, Muse Muhamed, senior, and Cristian Escobar comprise the All-State relay.
Waseca is State Champions with a time of 1.27.39 which is a new Class 2A record. Members of their relay include Christian Rodriguez, senior, Kaeden Johnson, junior, Kyle Ahlschlager, senior and Damarius Russell, sophomore.
Mankato West placed 6th.
The Faribault 4X400 Meter Relay captured second place with a time of 3:26.16 after tying for the fastest time of 3:25.07 in preliminaries with State Champions Monticello with a finals time of 3:23.63.
Members of the Faribault team included JJ Schrot, Alex Turcios, senior, Reyes Turcios, senior and Muse Muhamed.
Winona was 4th, Mankato East 8th to earn All-State status.
Falcons Cooper Leichtnam, junior, placed 8th in the Pole Vault by clearing 12 feet six inches. His seed was 13 feet.
The Faribault 4x800 Meter Relay qualified for the finals but did not place. Members are Ricky Cordova, senior, James Hoisington, junior, Marco Cruz Garcia, senior and Alexander Tuma, senior.
Here are other results of area athletes with the Big Nine Conference finishing very strong.
Boys 100 Meter Dash
- Thomas Lamkin, junior, Red Wing, State Champion with a time of 10.65. Jalen Smith, junior of Mankato West was 3rd and Aaron Stewart, senior from Mankato West 6th.
Boys 200 Meter Dash
- Aaron Stewart, senior, Mankato West, 4th
- Thomas Lamkin, junior, Red Wing, 9th
Boys 400 Meter Dash
- Brayden Draheim, senior, Winona, State Champion with a time of 48.44, a new Class 2A record.
- Xavier Schultz, senior, Winona, 6th
- Austin Kehr, junior, Belle Plaine, 9th
Boys 800 Meter Run
- Kaleb Sharp, senior, Jordan, 2nd
- Nicholas Brauer, senior, Mankato East, 3rd
- Dante Juberian, senior, Tri-City United, 6th
Boys 1600 Meter Run
- Emmett Gerres, senior, Belle Plaine, 2nd
- Kaleb Sharp, senior, Jordan, 6th
Boys 3200 Meter Run
- Emmett Gerres, senior, Belle Plaine, State Champion with time of 9:32.72 best in Class 2A history.
- Ephraim Staley, freshman, Mankato West, 8th
- David Obst, freshman, Kasson-Mantorville, 9th
Boys 110 Meter Hurdles
- Ngor Jal, senior, Mankato West, 9th
4x100 Meter Relay Boys
- Waseca State Champions, Christian Rodriguez, senior, Damarius Russell, sophomore, Kaeden Johnson, junior and Kyle Ahlschlager, senior, with time of 42.16.
- Red Wing, 5th
- New Prague 6th
- Mankato West 9th
Boys 4x800 meter Relay
- Mankato East State Champions with time of 7:57.97
- Belle Plaine, 6th
Boys High Jump
- Ryan Stites, sophomore, Byron, 2nd
- Emmett Ricke, junior, Kasson-Mantorville, 6th
- Carter Anderson, junior, Stewartville, 7th
Boys Long Jump
- Damarius Russell, sophomore, Waseca, 2nd
- Kyle Ahlschlager, senior, Waseca, 7th
Boys Triple Jump
- Carter Anderson, junior, Stewartville, 2nd
Boys Shot Put
- Peyton Byrne, senior, Stewartville, State Champion toss of 54 feet, 8 inches
Boys Discus Throw
- Torasbjorn Lunaas, senior, Stewartville, State Champion throw of 174 feet 11 inches a new Class 2A record.
- Elijah Hagen, junior, Jordan, 3rd
- Eddie Herman, senior, Waseca, 8th
Monticello won Class 2A girls titles (64 points) by two points over Rocori with Mankato East in third place. Mankato West finished 10th.
Faribault sophomore Brooklyn Becker placed 4th in the 800 Meter Run to earn All-State Honors. Kendra Krueger, senior, Jordan is State Champion with time of 2:13.13 a new Class 2A best. Becker;s time was 2:16.57. In the Prelims she had the second fastest time of 2:16.31.
Falcons Brynn Beardsley, freshman, qualified for the finals but did not place in the 1600 Meter Run. Beardsley did shave nearly 6 seconds off her Preliminary time.
More area athlete results for Girls Class 2A
100 Meter Dash
- Arabella Knudson, junior, Kasson-Mantorville 8th
200 Meter Dash
- Adriana Brenengen, sophomore, Winona, 5th
- Ruby Marble, freshman, Mankato West, 7th
400 Meter Dash
- Carly Hartwig, 7th grade, Tri-City United, State Champion 57.16, new Class 2A record,
- Lauren Henkels, freshman, Mankato East, 7th
- Lauren Rott, senior, Plainview-Elgin-Millville, 3rd
- Shay Berl, junior, Winona, 4th
- Allison Banse, junior, Mankato West, 8th
Girls Shot Put
- Lauren Rott, senior, P-E-M, 4th
- Allison Banse, junior, Mankato West, 7th
- Arianna Berlin-Burns, senior, Winona, 9th
Girls Long Jump
- Brooklyn Flatau, sophomore, Waseca, 8th
- Sivana Schwartz, freshman, Faribault made it to finals, but did not place
Girls Triple Jump
- Olivia Walsh, senior, Austin, State Champion, 38 feet, 4.75 inches, new Class 2A record
- Rylie Hansen, sophomore, Mankato East, 3rd
Girls High Jump
- Susie Dalsin, sophomore, New Prague, 8th
Girls Pole Vault
- Rylie Hansen, sophomore, Mankato East, State Champion clearing 11 feet 6 inches.
- Addison Peed, senior, Mankato East, 7th
- Meghan Urban, junior, Stewartville, 8th
Girls 4x800 Meter Relay
- Mankato East, 3rd
Girls 4x400 Meter Relay
- Byron State Champion with time of 4:00.39. Team members are Taylor Matter, sophomore, Lilah Kurke, 8th grade, Michaela Hamilton, senior, and Paige Halder, junior.
- Mankato East, 4th
Girls 4x200 Meter Relay
- Mankato East, 2nd
- Belle Plaine, 3rd
Girls 4x100 Meter Relay
- Mankato West, 3rd
- Mankato East, 5th
- Belle Plaine, 6th
Girls 300 Meter Hurdles
- Haylie Strum, senior, Stewartville, State Champion 43.62
- Emma Schulz, senior, Mankato East, 7th
Top 5 Popsicle Flavors in Minnesota