Friday morning when I was on the air the forecast was a chance of light snow Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning. Later this afternoon I received an alert on my cell phone. We were in a Winter Weather Advisory Tuesday afternoon to Wednesday at 12:00 pm. I checked the detailed forecast, 5 to 9 inches of snow and wind gusts to 35 miles an hour Tuesday night through Wednesday morning!

It sure sounds like farmers have Monday and most of Tuesday to try and combine any corn that is still in the field, finish any tillage and maybe get machinery put in the sheds before the storm hits. You never know, but it appears to me that any fall tillage that is not done by Tuesday night will wait until spring. Some farmers are already planning on leaving corn in the field until next spring. After Tuesday, if the forecast does not change they may not have any choice!