Stop by MDA’s Booth Number 517S at Farmfest
Farmfest, one of the largest outdoor farm shows in the Midwest is coming up next week Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday at the Gilfillan Estate near Red Wood Falls. The Gates are open from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. For Farmfest news, updates, maps, schedules, you can download the mobile app by scanning the code on your ticket. While you are at Farmfest be sure to stop by the Minnesota Department of Agriculture's booth at 517S for all kinds of information on a variety of agriculture related topics.
Here is the schedule of topics for each day of Farmfest from the MDA news release. Note Commissioner of Agriculture Thom Peterson will be there Wednesday August 4, 2021 from 9:30 to 10:30.
Tuesday August 3 – Thursday August 5 - featured programs:
- Zero % Disaster Loan Program – farmers hit hard by the drought may be eligible for the Rural Finance Authority’s Disaster Recovery Loan Program which can be used to help cover lost revenue or expenses not covered by insurance.
- Ag Weather Station Network – find out how you can get real-time weather information and air temperature inversion alerts to your cell phone via the 29 Minnesota weather stations incorporated into the North Dakota Ag Weather Network (NDAWN).
- Minnesota Ag Water Quality Certification Program – learn how you can become certified in this popular water quality program and obtain regulatory certainty for a period of ten years.
- Rural Mental Health Resources – find out about the people and organizations ready to help farmers and their families deal with stress, depression, and suicide.
Wednesday, August 4 – special appearances:
- 9:30 – 10:30 am – media availability with Ag Commissioner Thom Petersen and Second Harvest Heartland CEO Allison O’Toole to discuss partnering the fight to end hunger in Minnesota through programs such as Farm to Food Shelf.
- 9:00 am – 3:00 pm – COVID-19, drought, low prices, foreclosures? Are you or someone you know dealing with stress or depression? Psychologist Ted Matthews understands issues specific to farm families and will be on hand to visit informally with farmers and other attendees.
The MDA Farmfest Booth is #517S.
FIVE THINGS YOU DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT MINNESOTA