Rice County 4-H Blood Drive Postponed by U of M Policy
The Rice County 4-H Blood Drive scheduled for Tuesday on the Rice County Fairgrounds has been postponed. The University of Minnesota has a no face to face meeting policy due to the COVID-19 or coronavirus. University Extension Service oversees 4-H.
The American Red Cross has put out a request for blood saying they are in urgent need due to the pandemic. All blood types are requested. Organizers of the 4-H event were also requesting people bring a non-perishable food item for Rice County food shelves.
Rice County 4-H organizers say they hope to be able to still have a blood drive at a later date.
The American Red Cross website lists these blood drives in the area this week:
- Tuesday, March 17, 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Zumbrota VFW
- Tuesday, March 17, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Apple Valley Medical Center
- Tuesday, March 17, Noon to 6:00 p.m. American Legion Lecenter
- Wednesday, March 18, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. St. Peter's Evangelical Lutheran Church in Goodhue
- Wednesday, March 18, Noon to 6:00 p.m. Hollandale Christian Reform Church
- Wednesday, March 18, 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. City Light Church Northfield
- Thursday, March 19, Noon to 6:00 p.m. St. Peter's Goodhue
- Thursday, March 19, 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Famous Daves Owatonna
- Thursday, March 18, 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. St. Paul's Lutheran Church Prior Lake
- Friday, March 20, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Zumbrota-Mazeppa High School
- Friday, March 20, 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Buffalo Wild Wings Owatonna
These were listed as of Monday night, March 16, 2020 on the American Red Cross website just hours after the Governor announced restrictions on restaurants not allowing any dine in business.