Rare Opportunity For The Public To See The ‘New’ Masonic Lodge In Faribault
This could probably be filed under the category of 'once in a lifetime' for some. The Faribault Masonic Lodge is hosting an open to the public event for its building dedication. The Masonic Lodge, which was located at 7 3rd Street NW in downtown Faribault, has found a new home, and it will now occupy 24 3rd Street NW, the marble facade building that is located next to the former Grandpa Al's location, now known as the Sawmill Bar and Grill. We say new, as the building itself was built in 1884, but it will be the new home to one of Faribault's oldest organizations.
The event invitation online, which was shared with us by Masonic Member Jonathan Wood, states the open to the public building dedication will take place on May 14th at 2:00 in the afternoon.
The fraternity is described on its social media page as being "the world's oldest and latest fraternity and consists of a set of moral instructions taught through symbols. Our Lodge is happy to promote the tenets of Brotherly Love, Relief, and Truth in the Faribault area."
The Faribault Masonic Lodge has been around since its first communication was recorded on March 11, 1856, after being granted dispensation for a lodge in Faribault on March 4, 1856 according to this book of history for both Rice and Steele Counties. That meeting was held in a hall on the second floor of the Tower building located at the intersection of Main Street and Second Street, in a room that was measured to be 16 x 30 feet, and described in the same history book as being "furnished in a humble way".
The lodge has had an overall interesting history within the community of Faribault, which you can read about more through the link to the online book, here.
Either way, the new location of the lodge should be reason enough to celebrate a look into a place that not many will get the chance to see inside again.
$397,000 Gets You Rochester's Most Beautiful Condominium with Two Balconies
- Stunning kitchen with custom Alder wood cabinets, granite countertops, marble backsplash, wood flooring, and built-in convection and Advantium microwave ovens.
- Dining room with tray ceiling and designer light fixture. Spacious living room with spectacular views from every window!
- Master bedroom has a large walk-in closet with built-ins.
- Master bath has a custom tiled oversized rain shower.
- Second bedroom includes built-ins next to a full bath with a designer Kohler sink.
- Ample office with glass French doors.
- Master bedroom and office access side balcony. Dining room and second bedroom access front balcony.
- Washer and dryer in unit with cabinets and laundry sink.