The Faribault Fire Department was called late Monday night to a structure fire at 728 Lyndale Avenue.  North Memorial Ambulance was also dispatched at 11:24 p.m. to the building.  Fire Chief Dustin Dienst says smoke was coming out of the roof of the building upon arrival by responders. "Crews were able to verify quickly that no one was inside the building."

"Crews made entry to the building and found smoke coming from the wall near the woodstove.  Crews then began tearing off the tin sheeting on the outside of the structure around the chimney.  Framing members and purlins for the metal siding were found burning and were extinguished.  Overhaul was performed to make sure the fire had not extended into the attic area.  Crews cleared the scene at 12:42 a.m."

In his news release the Faribault Fire Chief states the "cause of the fire was improper installation of the chimney where it passed through the wall of the building."

Chief Dienst stated, "Thankfully the fire was called in early and crews were able to get after it before the fire escalated."

KDHL Radio logo
Enter your number to get our free mobile app

More From KDHL Radio