Nawrocki Hat Trick Powers Faribault Boys Hockey to Win Thursday
The Faribault Falcon boys hockey team scored two power play goals on three chances Thursday in a 6-3 win over host LaCrescent in the LaCrescent Tournament. The team is staying in LaCrosse, Wisconsin while participating in the event. Friday at 5:00 p.m. the Falcons will play Winona and Saturday at 11:30 a.m. they face off against Becker-Big Lake.
LaCrescent scored the first goal before 5:56 into the game Zack Slinger (10) scored assisted by Grady Goodwin (4). Faribault would score two more times in the first period. 7:27 Noah Murphy (2) had a power play goal assisted by Daniel Drevlow and Kory Johnson (2) and 22 seconds later Blake Vinar (1) tallied a power play goal assisted by Slinger and Drevlow (3). At the end of the first period it was 3-1 Faribault.
LaCrescent scored 1:49 into the second period. The Falcons answered at 3:02 when Jordan Nawrocki was assisted by Leighton Weasler. Three seconds later LaCrescent answered. Nawrocki scored at 15:36 assisted by Slinger and Faribault had a 5-3 lead after two periods.
Nawrocki (4) got his hat trick 6:10 into the third period assisted by Braden Schroeder (2) and Slinger (4).
Faribault outshot LaCrescent 47-26 and was 2 for 3 on the power play. The Falcons currently have a 29 percent power play. The Lancers wee 1 for 4 on the power play.
Spencer Ell was in net for Faribault for his second win of the season, stopping 23 shots.
The Falcons are 5-2-1 this season. It was the second time they defeated LaCrescent.
Other boys hockey Thursday;
- Northfield 7 Henry Sibley 1
- Mankato West 3 Fox Cities Stars 1
- Rochester Mayo 2 Anoka 2 (ot)
- Fargo South 4 Albert Lea 1
- Lakeville North 3 Prior Lake 2
- Eastview 3 St. Louis Park 2
- Eagan 5 St. Paul Johnson 0
- New Prague 6 South St. Paul 2
- John Marshall 8 Redwood Valley 6
- Kittson Central 4 Waseca 3
- Hayward, Wisconsin 5 Dodge County 1
- Maple Grove 4 Lakeville South 2
- Apple Valley 6 Roseville 1