Minnesota Hy-Vee’s Celebrate September With New Special Events
Hy-Vee is taking a moment to honor National Family Meals Month with giveaways and events that will bring families together despite the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
According to a news release from Hy-Vee headquarters,
"National Family Meals Month is an industry-inspired movement to raise consumer awareness of the health and societal benefits of sharing frequent family meals. Research shows that children who share regular family meals typically display better grades, improved nutrition, stronger family relationships, and higher self-esteem, and they are less likely to use drugs and alcohol."
Our lives are busy, from work to kids to extracurriculars. It can be extremely difficult to make time for the family as a whole. This month, Hy-Vee is hoping to eliminate common challenges and make it easier for families to enjoy meals together.
How are they doing so, you ask?
Through the following events and offers:
- Contactless Drive-Thru Giveaways Offering Free Mealtime Dinners
- Kids Eat Free With Each Adult Entrée Purchased At Hy-Vee Food Service Departments and Market Grille Locations
- Social Media Platforms Are Sharing Weekly Meal Ideas and Grab-And-Go Options
Here is today's recipe!
- Local Hy-Vee Facebook Pages Are Hosting Live Cooking Demonstrations
- Hy-Vee Dietitians Will Host A Family-Friendly Freezer Meal Virtual Class As Well As An Eating Better On A Budget Virtual Store Tour
- Lastly, A Digital Family Cooking Guide Was Posted On Hy-Vee's Website
Take some time this month, gather up the family, and enjoy some delightful conversation and food!
See How School Cafeteria Meals Have Changed Over the Past 100 Years