Have You Tried These Top Six Award-Winning Minnesota Brews?
The nation's top beer festival, The Great American Beer Festival, was held in Denver last month, and out of thousands of entries, six Minnesota craft breweries walked away with some high honors. Not an easy feat at this all-inclusive festival.
Bronze Medal Winners:
- Farm Girl from Lift Bridge Brewing Co. (1900 Tower Drive W., Stillwater) won in the Belgian-Style Ale or French-style Ale category.
- Schwarzenlager from Little Thistle Brewing Co. (2031 NW. 14th St., Rochester) won in the German Dark Lager category.
- Stranger in the Alps from Fair State Brewing Cooperative (2506 Central Ave. NE., Minneapolis) won in the Herb and Spice Beer category.
- Breakfast for Supper Ale from Thousand Lakes Brewing Co. (110 W. Lake St., Parkers Prairie) won in the Oatmeal Stout category.
Silver Medal Winner:
- Barbarian from Warrior Brewing Co. (2711 W. Superior St., Duluth) won in the Imperial Stout category.
Gold Medal Winner:
- Schwartzbier from Forgotten Star Brewing Co. (38 Northern Stacks Drive, Fridley) won a GOLD MEDAL in the German Dark Lager category.
Lauren Bennett McGinty, executive director of the Minnesota Craft Brewers Guild, said:
"We couldn't be more excited to see Minnesota's craft brewers continue to succeed and excel on a national stage."
To see the extensive list of categories and winners, click here.
It seems like I have some catching up to do. Shockingly, I've only ever tried Farm Girl, but to be fair, I'm not a huge dark beer fan. However, considering the excellence of these beers, it sounds like I should branch out.
So, what beer will you be cracking tonight in honor of National American Beer Day? If you're feeling extra adventurous, check out this Southeast Minnesota brewery road trip!