Faribault Volleyball Rolls, Northfield & Stewartville Lose
The Austin Packers came into tonight's volleyball match in Faribault looking for their first win in the Big Nine. The Falcons swept by scores of 25-15, 25-16, 25-13.
Faribault started very slow with a lot of errors in the first set (approximately 9). The Falcons however had 17 kills in the first set led by senior Co-Captain Maggie Leichtnam with 5.
The Packers had 5 kills the firt set, 9 the second set and 8 the third set.
Faribault added 13 kills the second set, led by junior Co-Captain Isabel Herda with 6 and 12 kills the third led by senior Co-Captain Olivia Bauer with 5.
My statistics had the Falcons collect 12 ace serves in the three sets. Leichtnam finished the night with 6 of them. Bauer had 3 ace serves, Whitton Wolff the other 3 ace serves.
On Block Cancer night at Nomeland Gym it was really cool to see some of the Austin players making donations for the fundraiser to fight Ovarian Cancer.
The Falcons are now 3-6 in the league, 10-14 overall. They play at Northfield Thursday night on KDHL Radio, 920 AM, 97.9 FM, the FREE KDHL app.
Austin is now 0-9 in the Big Nine, 1-20 overall.
The biggest match of the night in the conference had the two remaining undefeated teams in league play go toe to toe with Northfield at Rochester Mayo.
The Northfield Raiders were defeated by the Spartans in five sets ending their incredible Big Nine Conference winning streak.
The Raiders were going for their 5th consecutive undefeated Big Nine season.
Mayo won the first set 25-22, Northfield rolled in the second 25-12, captured the third set 25-17 before the Spartans got the 4th set 26-24 and won the fifth set 17-15.
Kasson-Mantorville also knocked Stewartville out of the ranks of the undefeated with a five set win. The fifth set score was 15-7.
Other reported volleyball scores from Tuesday night include:
- Burnsville 3 Apple Valley 0
- Janesville-Waldorf-Pemberton 3 Randolph 0
- Cannon Falls 3 Goodhue 0 Madi Burr 12 kills, Halle Hustad 11 kills for Cannon Falls Scores were 25-11, 25-21, 25-19
- Spring Grove 3 Houston 0
- Zumbrota-Mazeppa 3 Pine Island 0 25-23, 25-19, 25-14
- Cotter 3 Rushford-Peterson 2
- Blooming Prairie 3 United South Central 1
- Rochester Century 3 Rochester John Marshall 1
- Rosemount 3 Lakeville North 2
- Nicollet 3 Mankato Loyola 0
- Eagan 3 Farmington 0
- Fillmore Central 3 Wabasha-Kellogg 0
- Mankato East 3 LeSueur-Henderson 0
- Belle Plaine 3 Jordan 0
- Eastview 3 Lakeville South 0
- New Prague 3 Orono 0
- Prior Lake 3 Shakopee 2
- Lanesboro 3 Schaeffer Academy 0
- Caledonia 3 Chatfield 1
- Albert Lea 3 Winona 2
- Southland 3 Lyle-Pacelli 0
- Lewiston-Altura 3 LaCrescent 0
- Lake City 3 Rochester Lourdes 0
I was just talking about this with someone the other day. We had one thing on our menu to eat.
See How School Cafeteria Meals Have Changed Over the Past 100 Years
Do you remember these?