Dodge Center, MN (KROC AM News) - A Dodge Center man was taken to St. Marys Hospital Sunday night after a fire broke out in his home.

Dodge County Sheriff Scott Rose says the fire was reported around 9:30 PM at lot #49 at the Valley View  Mobile Home Park.

Rose says deputies arrived to find flames coming out of windows and the door of the mobile home. The owners - 65-year-old Jackie Odell and his wife Debra - were standing outside. Rose says Mr Odell was “using his own oxygen tank and struggling to breath.” He was switched to a deputy’s oxygen tank and seated in a patrol vehicle.

Rose says Dodge Center firefighters were at the scene for nearly three hours. The Odell home was destroyed. Two adjacent mobile homes were damaged by the fire.

Rose says the family initially indicated a cigarette might have started the fire.

KDHL Radio logo
Enter your number to get our free mobile app

More From KDHL Radio