AM Minnesota Salvation Army
Rice County Salvation Army Co-Chairs Ed Little and Rice County Sherriff Troy Dunn were on Today's AM Minnesota Program. The Rice County Salvation Army really needs your help taking a 2 hour shift to ring the bell! There are still many slots open to ring the bell in Faribault, Northfield and Lonsdale. The Kettle Campaign is off to a slow start this year. A little over $11,000 has been raised while their goal this year is $60,000.
You can call 507-649-9134 or email faribaultbelltinger.com, northfieldbellringer.com or lonsdalebellringer.com to check 2 hour slots that are open. Unfortunately there are a lot to choose from right now. Maybe we can change that? The funds that are raised in Rice County 88 percent stay here. The other 12 percent is used for administration and natural disaster relief.
An example of natural disaster relief is last year when the tornadoes hit Rice County. The Salvation Army was on site providing food and water. Some of that 12 percent that was raised in Rice County came back to Rice County. I realize for some families their budgets are tight. Sometimes the money runs out before the month is over. Here you can donate your time and make a difference during the holiday season!