Count Your Blessings, by World Standards You are Wealthy
I've been doing some cleaning around my home and came across some information that was shared with our group on one of my international trips. I believe it was on a trip to Prague and Germany in October and November 2013 so the information probably has not changed much. The source of the information was not included on the handout but it is such an awesome message I thought I would share it with all of you.
The information shared was an effort to get us to realize we all need to get along in this world. Acceptance, understanding and education are greatly needed. We hear all the time the United States of America is the wealthiest nation on Earth. This information really hammers that home. Feel free to share this with anyone and everyone. It's important we all realize just how blessed we are.
- If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.
- If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.
- If you can attend a church service without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death, you are more blessed than 3 billion people in the world.
- If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead, and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75 percent of the people in this world.
- If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish or someplace else, you are among the top 8 percent of the world's wealthy.
- If you can read this information, you are more blessed than over 2 billion people in the world who cannot read at all.
If we could shrink the world population to a village of 100 people, with all the existing human ratios remaining the same, this is how it would look:
- There would be 57 Asians, 21 Europeans, 14 from the Western Hemisphere-both North and South America, and 8 Africans.
- 52 people would be female. 48 male.
- 70 would be non-white, 30 would be white.
- 70 would be non-Christian, 30 would be Christian
- 6 people would possess 59 percent of the entire world's wealth and all six would be from the United States.
- 80 people would live in substandard housing, 70 would be unable to read, 50 would suffer from malnutrition; 1 would be near death, 1 would be near birth, 1 would have a college education and 1 would own a computer (this one may have changed a bit)
My Dad always used to say, "When you have a roof over your head and food in your belly you are doing well."
I feel ashamed that at times I don't realize the "wealth" I really have and doubly ashamed that I have a dumpster in my yard filled with things collected over the years that really were not necessary. Just think of the good things I could have done with that money.
If this information assists in helping you to realize how blessed you are then it has accomplished it's goal. Please like it and share it among friends and family. Print the information and share it at your next family gathering.
Prague may be the most beautiful city I have ever seen at night and I don't believe I took any pictures in that setting. I want to go back someday and explore some more of the countryside. I am definitely going back to Germany even if I have to go by myself because my Grandpa Kosfeld came to this country from there and I felt a connection to the people I met.
Peace my friends.