Another Road Construction Project Starts July 10
As if there is not enough road construction going on already, another project will start on Monday, July 10, on many roads in the area: chip sealing. Chip sealing involves putting down a thin layer of heated asphalt on the road surface followed by the placement of rock chips, and those are compacted to allow for the maximum adherence to the roadway. Then the excess is swept away.
Motorists will be stopped by flaggers who will get groups of vehicles safely through the work zones. The entire project should wrap up by August 31. Crews will start in Winona county and then work their way west.
The roads scheduled are:
- Highway 43 between Highway 61 and I-90 in Winona County
- Highway 248 between Altura and Highway 61
- Highway 42 in Olmsted County between Eyota and Plainview
- Highway 247 in Olmsted County between Plainview and Highway 63
- Highway 63 in Wabasha County between Lake City and Oak Center
- Highway 58 in Goodhue County between Zumbrota and Red Wing
- Highway 61 in Goodhue County between Highway 316 and Highway 19
- Highway 19 in Rice and Goodhue counties between Northfield and Highway 61
- Highway 57 in Goodhue County between Highway 52 and Wanamingo
- Highway 56 in Rice and Dodge counties between Kenyon and West Concord
Don’t forget to pay attention and slow down in work zones. Get the latest info by dialing 511 or go to 511mn.org.