Unexpected Brilliance From Not-So-Brilliant Movies
We were talking around here yesterday, you know the usual stuff you won't hear on-air, like how to solve the World's problems, the state of the economy, what happened to the Lindbergh baby.... Ok, so we weren't really discussing anything too deep. It sounded good though. Anyway, I shared the following sentiment, fully expecting that it would be understood, and Loren thought it was a great and profound thought. Then I shared the movie it came from.
- "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it!" Agent K from the movie "Men In Black" Actually I kind of butchered the quote a little, stating that a person is smart, but, people in groups are dumb....but that is where I sort of got the quote from.
That got me to thinking of other quotes that come from movies, movies that are not up there in the same league as the classics, but, have some great quotes that are completely unexpected. Buzzfeed had some great examples, here are a few of my favorites:
- “There’s a benefit to losing: you get to learn from your mistakes.” Megamind from "Megamind"
- "Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda, "Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back"
- "You aren't doing great, but you aren't drowning and that is something." "The Secret Life of Pets"
- “We’re all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that’s all.” Andrew, "The Breakfast Club"
You can find brilliance in just about any movie, all you have to do is look. You can even find the brilliance in every day life! Even Harry and Lloyd in "Dumb and Dumber" have some great quotes, my absolute fave, "So you're telling me there's a chance."