Top 10 of the Best Ballparks Include Minnesota’s Target Field
The Minnesota Twins didn't make it to the World Series last year (or since 1991) but according to bookies.com, they are giving fans one of the best pregame experiences in all of Major League Baseball! Ok, we didn't come in at #1 for that either but we are pretty high on the list.
Target Field Providing One of the Top Major League Baseball Parks Providing Pregame Experiences
I am not entirely sure what it is but the feeling that I get as I get closer to Target Field for a Minnesota Twins game is, well, it is just indescribable! The smell of the amazing food, the bright colors everywhere that show off our Twins pride, the people who are dressed in red, white, and blue, and of course, the pre-game fun!
Even before you get inside of Target Field, there are vendors on the sidewalks, people usually playing music, and fun freebies that you can win. I've won quite a few Minnesota Twins shirts just because I said "Yes!" when someone asked if I wanted to play. Once you get inside the gate, it's like the spirit of baseball takes over and fills you up with joy. #IfYouKnowYouKnow
Minnesota is pretty lucky because where we get to go to enjoy a Major League game is hitting high on the list of the top spots for pregame fun. According to Bookies.com, they looked at a bunch of factors to determine where the parks land on the list including the following:
- Miles From City Center: Close to the action, accessible to fans
- Tailgating: The ability to park and enjoy a summer day with a beverage and grill.
- Entertainment Around Stadium: A vibrant bar and restaurant scene within walking distance to your seat.
- Fan Sentiment: Is the area safe and entertaining for kids and those with kids?
Top 10 Major League Baseball Parks Providing Pregame Experiences
10. Philadelphia Phillies - great parking, they open 5 hours before the first pitch, and there's a casino, racetrack, and sportsbook adjacent to the stadium.
9. Cleveland Guardians - there isn't anywhere to tailgate at this park but according to booking.com, parking is still better here than at many other major league parks in the country. The bar life and family activities helped put this park in the top 10 though for pre-game fun!
8. St. Louis Cardinals - this park also didn't rank high in parking and tailgating but the bar scene was #6 for all of the parks. If you want to see a few scenic sights before a game, the Arch is nearby, just half-mile walk away.
7. Minnesota Twins - right in the heart of Minneapolis is Target Field! This park took #7 because of where it sits in the city, the bar and the entertainment scene near the park.
6. Seattle Mariners - You can't tailgate near T-Mobile Park, but there are quite a few bars and great spots for families to go before a game. Good luck finding parking though. That's not so great for this park.
5. Baltimore Orioles - according to Booking.com, "parking is a nightmare" so I guess that is a bummer for Orioles fans but this park is at the top of the list because the fans love this place and team. Families love it even more because it is an easy place to go with kids.
4. Cincinnati Reds - if you are a Reds fan and have a family, there are quite a few places near the park that offer fun for everyone including kids. The bar scene is one of the best for all of the parks too - came in 6th.
3. San Diego Padres - Um, hello, it is San Diego so the weather is basically perfect. It's super easy for families to navigate and has tons of great activities to enjoy too. Right around the park are some of the best spots for grabbing a beer for a game too.
2. San Francisco Giants - coming in at #2 is Picturesque Oracle Park and the reason is because, well, it has everything for everyone. Around the park are a bunch of bars to grab a drink before a game but also fun events and activities for families.
1. Pittsburgh Pirates - safety is key and PNC Park provided that for both adults and families. It also ranked towards the top 10 in all of the categories that were looked at in this survey, which no other park accomplished.
See the full list at booking.com here.