Short-Term Road Closure Friday in Owatonna
Who says you can't have winter and road construction? Westbound 26th Street in Owatonna will be closed for a short time Friday, January 7 as crews work on light poles at the new roundabout at the intersection with County Road 45. The work should last from 9 am to 3 pm, according to a news release from the Steele County Highway Department.
The announcement indicates, "Westbound 26th Street (Country Highway 34) from 4th Avenue to State Avenue will be closed...Traffic will be detoured via Cedar Avenue, North Street, Hoffman Drive, and State Avenue."
"The 26th Street/State Avenue roundabout will remain open and eastbound traffic will not be affected." The date is subject to change if the weather becomes a hindrance to completing the work.
Here are some other construction stories
- Get the latest on the new Owatonna High School project with a link to the construction website in this report. Have you seen the drone footage of the construction site?
- How is the road construction schedule determined in Minnesota? Find out here.
- Check out this dancing road construction worker at a Minnesota work site.
- Work is planned for Highway 57 in Mantorville. More info can found at an open house that is coming up on Thursday, January 13.
- Do you realize that construction is one of the deadliest jobs in Minnesota?
- One of the biggest road construction stories in the region was the opening of the four-lane Highway 14 expansion between Owatonna and Dodge Center in the fall of 2021.