Popular Home Decor Item in Minnesota Explodes When Mixed With Water
CAUTION! A video has resurfaced that shows the extreme danger of mixing water with an item that is in most homes in Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin. The mixture can lead to an extremely large fire and cause severe burns.
Important Safety Tip Provided to Candle Consumers in Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, and Wisconsin
A few years ago, CBS covered a story about an unfortunate fire that one of their anchors survived. She had a candle burning in her home and the wax caught on fire again so she did what a lot of us would do - she got a cup of water and poured it on. As she said in the video below, "Water puts out fire, right?". Sadly, that is not the case and as a result, she suffered severe burns from the incident.
What's the best way to get rid of a flame on a candle?
As we've learned, NEVER add water to a burning candle. Here are a few other safer options though:
- blow it out carefully
- put a lid on the candle to eliminate the oxygen
Do you know of a tip that isn't well-known but could help save someone's life?
If you've got another tip that might help save the life of someone, please let me know! You can reach me on my Facebook page - Jessica On The Radio or send me an e-mail at email@example.com. I'll check it out and it could be in one of my upcoming stories.