Northfield’s Stevens Tied for Lead Class AAA State Golf
Junior Nate Stevens of Northfield is tied for the lead in the MSHSL Class AAA State Golf Tournament in Coon Rapids. Three golfers broke 70 today at Bunker Hills Golf Course.
Jack Wetzel of Edina equaled Stevens with a 68 over the first 18 holes of the tournament. Joe Kortan of Moorhead shot a 69. Kyler Schwamb of Farmington join three other golfers to shoot 70.
Other area Class 3A boys golf results:
- Hogan Ordal, Lakeville South carded a 76.
- Owen Mickschl, Lakeville North 78
- Ethan Norman, Rochester Mayo 79
- Drew Teeter, Albert Lea 80
- Leo Gellert, Mankato West 73
- Owen Bjork, Mankato West 74
Edina leads the team competition by 3 strokes over Maple Grove, Eastview is 4 strokes back. Alexandria Area 6 strokes back, Chaska 7.
Fertile-Beltrami is tied with Sleepy Eye for the lead in the Class 2A boys competition. They have a two shot lead over Legacy Christian Academy.
Kenyon-Wanamingo senior Tanner Angelstad shot 77 so he's 7 strokes out of the lead.
Bethlehem Academy freshman Brayden Larson carded an 81 which is good enough to be in the top 20.
Other area golf scores in Class A include:
- Kadyn Neubauer of United South Central shot 74
- Max Schmitz of Southland carded 79
- Logan Thell, Janesville-Waldorf-Pemberton
- Keegan Bronson, Hayfield 86
Cloquet leads boys AA with a team score of 300. Totino-Grace is 5 strokes behind, Delano 8 shots back. Pine Island/Zumbrota-Mazeppa is 14 shots off the pace.
Cloquet's Sam Baker shot an opening round 68. Joseph Scripture of Pine Island/Zumbrota-Mazeppa had a 73, Anders Larson of PI/ZM a 75. Michael Scripture of PI/ZM shot a 77.
Griffin Seifert of Waseca carded a 97.
Bethlehem Academy senior Ashley Rost collected a 47 on the back nine to finish the first day with a 99. Two ladies from Lac qui Parle are atop the leaderboard. Isabella Jacobs had a 78 in Becker. Sarah Halvorson had a 81.
Other area Class A girls scores include:
- Halle Strunk of Blooming Prairie 90
- Jessica Ressler of Blooming Prairie 93
- Kirsten Thell of Janesville-Waldorf-Pemberton 94
- Carly Bronson of Hayfield 110
- Maggie Bruns of Blooming Prairie 112
Lac Qui Parle has a 19 stroke lead in the team competition.
The Lake City Tigers girls are 16 strokes ahead of Fergus Falls after the opening day of the Class 2A Tournament.
Mallory Belka of Perham leads the field with a 73. Lake City's Jordana Windhorst Ki sits with a 75, Margaret Bahr of Cannon Falls is 5 shots back with a 78 and MaKenna Reinhardt of LeSueur-Henderson shot a 79
Other Area Class A golfer results:
- Campbell Gunderson of Stewartville 82
- Elizabeth Fagerlind of Kasson-Mantorville 86
- Ella Matzke, Lake City, 88
- Molly Kennedy of Lake City 89
- Emma Berge, Lake City 91
- Megan Nelson, Waseca 91
- Mattie Mears, Lake City 97
- Natalie Appel, Byron 105
- Brooke Bee, Lake City 107
Complete girls individual AAA results were not included on the MSHSL website.
Cat lovers read on.
Why do cats have whiskers? Why do they meow? Why do they nap so much? And answers to 47 other kitty questions:
Some awesome sports scenes here.