Nine Burger King Locations Across Minnesota To Close
This is a 'whopper' of a piece of news: Burger King will be closing a handful of locations across the state. The news was announced on Friday (April 14th), with the franchisee revealing they would be closing twenty-seven locations across the country.
The closures are spread throughout seven different states. Minnesota is the state that is impacted most, with nine different locations in the state alone set to close. Wisconsin has been spared and no locations will be closed at this time. Burger King locations in Utah, Montana and Nebraska will also close, along with a few others.
At this time, there are no plans to close any more stores, according to Business Insider. However, the same report says more stores may close in the future depending on how things pan out. Low sales and inflation are two of the main factors behind the closures, which is becoming commonplace these days.
Thankfully, Burger King locations in the Northland are safe. There are locations in Cloquet, Hermantown and a handful in Duluth. These will not be impacted. The nine locations that will be closing are three to four hours from the Twin Ports in small towns like Fergus Falls and Alexandria.
- Alexandria: 209 Nokomis Street
- East Grand Forks: 926 Central Avenue NE
- Fergus Falls: 528 Western Avenue
- Litchfield: 21 Depot Street
- Long Prairie: 205 Lake Street
- Montevideo: 586 Southwest 1st Street
- Redwood Falls: 516 East Bridge Street
- Moorhead: 100 21st Street North
- Willmar: 1611 US-12
As for locations to feast in the Northland, there are quite a few to choose from, including the following:
- Cloquet: 1304 MN-33 South
- Duluth: 208 East Central Entrance
- Duluth: 2220 London Road
- Duluth: 210 South 27th Avenue
- Hermantown: 4496 Sugar Maple Drive
- Superior: 724 Belknap Street