Kenyon-Wanamingo Pressure Results in Win Over Blooming Prairie
For the second straight game the Kenyon Wanamingo Knights used full court pressure on their way to an easy victory. The Knights defeated Blooming Prairie in the Castle 80-53.
K-W jumped out to an early double digit lead, the Awesome Blossoms made a short run to cut the deficit to 7 points before the Knights closed out the first half on a run to lead 37-22.
Senior 6'4 Laden Nerison tallied 15 first half points and finished with 26 while applying pressure at the top of the zone press with his long arms and quick feet.
Senior, 6'9 Paul Kortsch scored 14 points and altered many Blooming Prairie shots around the basket. Senior 5'10 Gavin Sommer had 13 points.
The trio (Nerison, Sommer, Kortsch) were chosen for the Held Bus Service of Kenyon Knights of the Game honor.
Blooming Prairie senior 6'4 Drew Kittleson received the Cashwise Foods and Pharmacy of Owatonna Delivery of the Game designation for his 20 point performance including hitting 10 of 11 free throws. The only other player from Blooming Prairie with double figures was senior 6'1 Colin Jordison with 14 points.
The Awesome Blossoms finished the game going 14 of 19 from the free throw line while the Knights were 8 of 9 for the game.
One of the impressive statistics for the game was the 5 total turnovers by Kenyon-Wanamingo. Blooming Prairie finished the game with 17 turnovers. K-W scored 19 points off those miscues.
With the win the #20 Minnesota Basketball News rated Class 1A Knights improved to 9-2 overall, 5-1in the East Division of the Gopher Conference.
The Awesome Blossoms fall to 2-6 overalll, 2-4 in the East.
Next up for K-W is a game at Hayfield Tuesday against the defending Class 1A State Champion Vikings.
Blooming Prairie hosts Randolph Tuesday in their next contest.
Other results in boys high school basketball Friday night included:
- Lakeville North 61 Eagan 44
- New Prague 69 St. Louis Park 61
- Belle Plaine 49 Waterville-Elysian-Morristown 46
- Owatonna 73 Rochester Mayo 52
- Byron 59 Goodhue 53
- Cannon Falls 65 Rochester Lourdes 55
- Chatfield 86 Fillmore Central 65
- Hayfield 66 Triton 51
- Mankato East 67 Rochester John Marshall 35
- Spring Grove 58 Schaeffer Academy 14
Girls high school basketball results reported:
- Chatfield 53 Fillmore Central 20
- Eastview 73 Apple Valley 28
- Holy Family Catholic 59 Belle Plaine 46
- Lakeville North 46 Eagan 44
- Lanesboro 69 Alden Conger/Glenville-Emmons 32
- Lewiston-Altura 39 Rushford-Peterson 25
- Minnesota Valley Lutheran 76 LeSueur-Henderson 35
- New Richland-Hartland-Ellendale-Geneva 59 Maple River 51
- Norwood-Young America 63 Tri-City United 22
- Prior Lake 65 Lakeville South 55
- Rosemount 65 Farmington 33
- Shakopee 68 Burnsville 30
- Spring Grove 49 Schaeffer Academy 42
- St. Clair 83 Martin County West 55
- St. Louis Park 86 New Prague 65
- Waseca 60 Blue Earth Area 16
- Southland vs Lyle/Pacelli postponed
High school girls hockey scores:
- Dodge County 4 Duluth 0
Boys high school hockey scores:
- Rochester Mayo 1 Hibbing/Chisholm 0
- Proctor 3 Red Wing 2
- Hopkins 3 New Prague 2
- Farmington at Rochester Century postponed
One of life's pleasures is sleeping.
KEEP READING: 15 Natural Ways to Improve Your Sleep