Former SE MN Elected Official Faces Felony Threats Charges
Caledonia, MN (KROC-AM News) - Felony charges have been filed against a former member of the La Crescent City Council in connection with a series of threatening phone calls that led to a lockdown of the Houston County Courthouse last month.
A news release from the Houston County Sheriff's Office says 36-year-old Brian Krenz was recently apprehended in California and is now in the Houston County Jail. He faces multiple felony counts of Terroristic Threats along with gross misdemeanor harassment charges and disorderly conduct. His conditional bail has been set at $100,000.
Sheriff Mark Inglett says Krenz allegedly threatened to blow up the Houston County Courthouse and shoot a member of the Houston County Attorney’s Office on August 5th. It is also alleged that he made threatening phone calls to a couple of businesses in Caledonia the same day. Krenz is also charged with leaving a threatening voicemail with the City of La Crescent on August 12th during which he identified himself as a former City Council member and then stated he was going to leave La Crescent and Houston County in ruins.
The next court appearance for Krenz is an evidentiary hearing scheduled for next Friday.
News Update: Suspect in Rochester Murder Enters Not Guilty Pleas