Faribault Girls Basketball Celebrates Senior Night Loses to JM
The Faribault Falcons girls basketball team saluted the only senior player on their team and a senior student manager Monday night. The salutes came after a 74-55 loss to Class 4A Minnesota Basketball News #20 ranked Rochester John Marshall. Faribault senior Abby Van Ryn led all players in the game with 22 points. John Marshall had 4 players score in double figures to pick up their 20th win of the season led by Jesse Ruden with 18 and Lilly Meister 17.
Junior post Zoe Fronk tallied 14 points for the Falcons. The Rockets led 40 to 23 at the half. John Marshall was 12 of 20 and Faribault 1 of 4 from the free throw line. This final week of the regular season is a brutal one for the Falcons with all their opponents this week state ranked. Tuesday Faribault hosts Mankato West and Friday they entertain Northfield in a girls/boys doubleheader.
In other girls basketball Monday:
- Goodhue 44 Lake City 42 (Wildcats led 19-13 at half. Lake City was 4 of 11 and Goodhue 3 of 12 from the free throw line)
- Medford 59 Blue Earth 50 (Medford still unbeaten)
- Mankato West 64 Rochester Century 43
- Waseca 70 St. James 18
- Lyle/Pacelli 55 Mabel-Canton 36
- NRHEG 67 United South Central 65
- Lake Crystal-Wellcome-Memorial 63 Tri-City United 57
- Norwood-Young America 63 Mayer Lutheran 52
- Sleepy Eye-St. Mary's 63 St. Clair 62
- St. Peter 60 Belle Plaine 42