Faribault Boys Hockey Blanked by Mankato West, Girls Win
The Mankato West Scarlets boys hockey team defeated the Faribault Falcons 6-0 Tuesday at All Seasons Arena in Mankato. The Falcons simply spent too much time in the penalty box (17 minutes) and were outshot 27-17 by the Scarlets. Faribault junior goalie Jake Dolter suffered his first loss of the season while recording 21 saves. The Falcons fell to 4-2-1 on the season.
Mankato West scored three goals in the first 10:05 of the game and never looked back. Nathan Looft had a hat trick for the Scarlets who were 2 for 5 on the power play while Faribault was 0 for 3. Mankato West scored two more goals in the second period and added another in the third period.
Shots by period were Mankato West 11 Faribault 8 in the first period. Mankato West 11 Faribault 7 in the second and Mankato West 5, Faribault 2 in the third period.
The Faribault girls rolled over Mankato West 7-3 but no game sheet was submitted to the Girls Hockey Hub.
Here are some other boys hockey scores from Tuesday:
- New Ulm 4 Waseca 1
- Minnesota River 3 Redwood Valley 1
- Red Wing 3 Winona 2
- Rochester Mayo 10 Austin 3
- Albert Lea 4 Mankato East 3
- Rochester Century 6 Rochester John Marshall 2
- Northfield 4 Owatonna 3
- Rosemount 7 Shakopee 1
- New Prague 2 Hutchinson 1
- Farmington 4 Eastview 2
- Eagan 6 Lakeville North 0
- Lakeville South 4 Burnsville 0
- Prior Lake 6 Apple Valley 2
Tuesday girls hockey scores:
- Northfield 4 Owatonna 1
- Rochester Mayo 6 Austin 3
- Mankato East 4 Albert Lea 1
- St. Croix Valley Fusion 8 Red Wing 2
- Wayzata 7 Lakeville North 3
- Chaska/Chanhassen 4 Lakeville South 2
- New Prague 7 Hutchinson 2
- Burnsville 2 Hastings 1
- Eden Prairie 5 Farmington