‘Back to the Future’ 30th Anniversary Celebration Plans Announced
In addition to returning to theaters and releasing a premium Blu-ray box set this fall, Back to the Future will also celebrate its 30th anniversary with a pretty big celebration. Today comes news of some exciting plans to help fans further celebrate the release of one of the best films of all time — there’s just one catch: it’s all taking place in Los Angeles.
Via Slashfilm, We’re Going Back has unveiled some awesome celebratory plans for the 30th anniversary of Back to the Future, which will take place October 21 through the 25 in Los Angeles:
- Back to the Future tour of the Universal Studios backlot with special guests
- A Screening of Back to the Future II
- The original hoverboard stunt team and actual members of Griff’s gang will let your ride on a hoverboard rig like used in the movie
- Old West style BBQ dinner and a Screening of Back to the Future, Part III with surprises
- Ride the actual diesel locomotive that smashed the time machine at the end of the third film
- The World Premiere of the documentary “Back In Time,” and the Director’s cut of the documentary “OUTATIME: Saving the DeLorean!”
- A screen used props and rare Back to the Future memorabilia auction
- An outdoor screening of Back to the Future III
- Tour of the original filming locations from Back to the Future
- Attend the world’s most accurate, immersive recreation of the iconic “Enchantment under the Sea” dance with the cast and crew of the trilogy and rock out with the “Flux Capacitors,” featuring Marvin Berry.
- The most intimate, celebrity moderated, “Back to the Future” discussion panels and presentations
- A screening of Back to the Future outside the “Twin Pines” mall, aka Puente Hills Mall in the City of Industry, CA, with celebrities, movie vehicles and the return of the “Flux Capacitors” band for a very special finale.
As you can see, the team has some very fun activities in store for fans of the iconic franchise, but it’ll definitely cost you. Tickets are $800 for a five-day pass, or you can purchase individual day passes at the official website, which has more information, including an FAQ (no, they are not sure if Crispin Glover will be there).
The 50 Greatest Taglines in Movie History