No Charges For Brooklyn Center Officers Involved in Fatal Shooting
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman says no charges will be filed against Brooklyn Center police in the fatal shooting of a 21-year-old man last year.
Freeman said Wednesday prosecutors concluded that the two officers who fired six shots at Kobe Dimock-Heisler had a “reasonable fear” that two other officers and Dimock-Heisler's grandmother were in danger. Freeman says the four officers who responded used de-escalation tactics and seemed to have calmed Dimock-Heisler before he grabbed a knife and tried to stab one of the officers.
Dimock-Heisler’s parents are demanding an independent prosecutor and investigation.