10 Reasons Why Minnesota Has The Most Fun
I know I've only lived in Minnesota for about two years, BUT, I think we have a lot of fun here!
Don't just take my word for it! A study actually proved this! When compared to other states, Minnesota ranks 10th for "having the most fun." As for how WalletHub broke this down, they explain, "With pure enjoyment in mind, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 26 key indicators of a jolly good time that won’t break the bank. They range from movie costs to accessibility of national parks to casinos per capita. Scroll down for the winners, money-saving advice from a panel of experts and a full description of our methodology."
Since we rank 10th, I think it's only fair to prove that we really do have a lot of fun here in ten ways! This is my list. Feel free to add your own submissions.
- We LOVE nature. We have a lot of state parks suitable for hiking, fishing, snowshoes, and skiing to prove it.
- We make the most of our summers. Minnesota State Fair and Rochesterfest, anyone?
- We LOVE food. We have crazy ethnic diversity in Minnesota, and I see that as an awesome thing - especially when it comes to food.
- Winter? No problem. It sure seems like winter dominates the year in Minnesota sometimes, but we do a lot of ice fishing, skiing and snow-shoeing to make up for it!
- Viking games. Duh. We're enjoying a beautiful new stadium too!
- We're athletic. If I may: I've noticed that I just don't see a lot of overweight people (in general) in Minnesota. Why is this? My theory: we're active! We play sports, workout, and like to be outdoors.
- Popcorn in our bars. It's the perfect appetizer, and it's free!
- Mall Of America. There, I said it.
- Water activities. Whether it's a boat, skis, or fishing pole, we have fun on the water too!
I think that list pretty much sums it up. Do you have anything else to add? Is there anything else in Minnesota that you think is fun?
Listen to Val afternoons from 2p to 6p on Quick Country 96.5.
Listen to Val from 10a to 2p on 107.7 Z-Rock.