Rochester, MN (KROC-AM News) - A Rochester area man is being given a chance to stay out of prison for his convictions on charges involving child sex abuse allegations.

43-year-old Kenneth Archer Holt entered into a plea agreement in February and admitted to two counts of second-degree criminal sexual conduct. Under the terms of the plea deal, four other counts of the same charge were dismissed.

The Chatfield man was accused of sexually assaulting two young girls. The criminal complaints indicate one of the young victims told investigators the sexual assaults began in 2016 when she was 7 or 8 years old and continued until she was 11 or 12 years old.

KDHL Radio logo
Get our free mobile app
Olmsted County Court
Olmsted County Court
loading...

The court documents say the other victim told Rochester police that Holt began sexually abusing her around 2014 when she was in the third or fourth grade. In her case, the sexual assaults continued until 2020 at residences in Rochester and Chatfield.

READ MORE: Chatfield Man Faces 6 Child Sex Abuse Charges

He was sentenced Wednesday to one year in jail with credit for the five days he has already served behind bars. The sentencing order also allows him to participate in work release if it’s determined that he is eligible for the program.

Kim David/Townsquare Media
Kim David/Townsquare Media
loading...

He also faces a stayed 48 month prison term that could be enforced if Holt fails to successfully complete his 25 years on probation.

Court records show the Chatfield man was previously convicted of a gross misdemeanor fourth-degree criminal sexual conduct charge in 2008. In that case, he was sentenced to two years on probation.

More Minnesota News:

 

HAVE YOU SEEN ME? 29 Kids Missing From Minnesota

As of April 23, 2024, 29 children are missing from across Minnesota that have still not been found, according to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. If you have seen any of them, or have any information on their whereabouts, please don’t hesitate to call 911 or you can call the National Center at 1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST).

Gallery Credit: Minnesota Now