Time for Another RoseFest in Kenyon
RoseFest is this weekend in Kenyon, the city with the boulevard of roses.
Today through Sunday there are activities for everyone in the family. Below is a listing of those events.
Friday, August 18
- Citywide Garage Sales
- 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Book Sale in City Council Chambers
- 1:00 p.m. K-W Knights Booster Club Golf Tournament
- 5:00 p.m. Beer Garden and Hog Roast at VFW
- 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Wine/Beer Tasting at Historic Gunderson House
- 7:00 p.m. Free Challenge Course at Depot Park
- 7:00 p.m. Bingo for People of All Ages at VFW
- 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. FREE Pool Party
- 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. FREE Live Music at Kenyon Muni featuring "Westside Band" plus Hammerschlagen. Must be 21 or older.
Saturday, August 19
- Citywide Garage Sales
- 8:00 a.m. Kenyon Volunteer Fire Department 2nd Annual 5K starts at New Fire Hall
- 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. RoseFest Car Show (first 50 ladies with entry receive a FREE Rose courtesy of Security State Bank of Kenyon.
- 9:00 a.m. Rice County Radio Control Flyers (Free Model Airplane Demo) South of K-W Football Field.
- 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Vendor and Craft Market at Old Fire Hall
- 10:00 a.m. Road Rally Meets at the Elevator
- 10:00 a.m. Kids Pedal Tractor Pull (Between Bank and Thrift Store)
- 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Book Sale in Council Chambers
- 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Safe Sanctuary (Old Ambulance Garage)
- 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. FREE Inflatables at Depot Park
- 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Gunderson House Tours
- 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. FREE Mobile Gaming Power Up Truck (Bank Parking Lot)
- 4:00 p.m. Parade Featuring Shriner Units, K-W Band and Stix of Fury (Mike McDonald is Grand Marshal)
- 5:00 p.m. Bean Bag Tournament at Kenyon Muni
- 9:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. Street Dance Featuring "Mountain Ash" and "Lost Highway" at Kenyon Muni- All Ages Welcome, $10 cover, Hammerschlagen.
Sunday, August 20
- 9:00 a.m. Tractor Pull at Maring Auction Lot next to Milo Peterson Ford (Highway 56 North)
- 2:00 p.m. Field of Flags Closing Ceremony at Veterans Park
- 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Gunderson House Tours
The Field of Flags is at Veterans Park Friday through Sunday. You can reserve a flag in memory or honor of any U.S. Citizen by calling Mac at 789-5461. $20 Suggested Donation. Proceeds Benefit the Kenyon Veterans Color Guard and their efforts to continue improvements at Veterans Park.
Have you ever played Hammerschlagen? It's a fun game, especially if you have had a few drinks.
Sober Cab rides are available this weekend in Kenyon so please be safe.