Sheriff Dunn Discusses Hazardous Winter Weather on AM Minnesota 11-10-17
Rice County Sheriff Troy Dunn joins us on today's KDHL AM Minnesota program at 9:30 a.m. to talk about winter safety during this Winter Hazard Awareness Week.
Sheriff Dunn issued a news release earlier this week outlining some issues to contemplate with winter weather.
In the release he notes, "awareness of winter hazards saves lives."
It might seem a bit silly to tell Minnesotans how to survive a winter but we must remember we have a significant population in the Faribault community who moved here from Africa.
I've been in Africa during their winter and there is no bundling up in most countries on that continent.
We will get more details from Sheriff Dunn about some of his recommendations concerning winter survival.
- Watch for signs of hypothermia and frostbite, especially in the very young and the elderly.
- Pace your outdoor activity.
- Winterize your home and vehicle before the cold weather arrives.
- Dress to suit the weather.
- Check the weather forecast before going outdoors or traveling.
- Have a winter survival kit in your vehicle and your home
If you can't tune in this morning go to www.youtube.com/user/KDHLRadio and watch the program so you are informed when winter weather is here.
It does feel like winter lately doesn't it?