Pet Treats Sold Locally Could Be Fatal To You And Your Pet
We love our pets and simply want to make sure they are happy and healthy. Being the owner of 3 cats and a dog we go through plenty of pet treats during a month. But there is a product out right now that could potentially kill your pet if you were to feed them this treat! The Minnesota Department of Agriculture has issued an advisory over freeze-dried, un-eviscerated sardines sold by OC Raw Dog of Santa Margarita, CA.
The freeze-dried sardine dog and cat treats are sold at more than a dozen Minnesota pet stores, two of which are quite local, and they could have a potentially fatal contamination.
The MDA highlighted a dozen stores in the state specifically. The two closest stores are in bold.
- 4 Perfect Pets in Oakdale, MN
- Atlas Pet Supply in Blaine, Elk River, and Stillwater, MN
- Canine Crossing in Andover, MN
- Chuck & Don’s in Savage, Coon Rapids, and Chanhassen, MN
- Farmers Feed Supply in Owatonna, MN
- Federated Cooperative in Isanti, MN
- Floodwood Farm and Feed in Floodwood, MN
- Leedstone, Inc., in Melrose, MN
- Pet Evolution in Woodbury, MN
- Pet Expo Distributors in Mankato, MN
- The Pet Authority, Inc., in Albert Lea, MN
- Urban Tails Pet Supply in Minneapolis, MN
Locations, where the treats may have been sold, can also be found on the product manufacturer website here.
If you have these pet treats in your house, you should discard the product and do not feed the product to pets even if the bag of treats doesn't look or smell spoiled. No humans or pets have fallen ill as a result of the product at this stage.
Distributors, Retailers and Consumers who have purchased OC Raw Dog’s Freeze Dried Sardines can return it to the location where it was purchased for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-844-215-DOGS Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm PST