How Much Money Is Made By Vendors At The State Fair?
The Minnesota State Fair is underway. It runs 12 days. Do you know how much money some vendors can make in 12 days? If you have the right product and maybe if you have been with the fair a while you could make over $1 million!
As a matter of fact, seven vendors made over $1 million in 2016. They were:
1. Sweet Martha's (West, Carnes & North Locations) - $3,938,509
2. Midwest Dairy (Milk & Dairy Building) - $1,158,500
3. Cheese Curds (Food Building) - $1,118,983
4. Giggle's Campfire Grill - $1,109,776
5. Ball Park - $1,064,794
6. Cafe Caribe - $1,049,743
7. Shanghaied Henri's - $1,006,251
Food and alcohol vendors tend to make the most money at the fair. Food vendors have to pay a 15% fee back to the fair and alcohol vendors pay 18%. The good thing is once you are in at the fair, you are usually allowed back each year. This year only five new food vendors came in even though there were more than 400 applications.