Big Hats Big Hearts Back At The Paradise May 5
The Greatest Two Minutes in sports is this Saturday, May 5 and you can celebrate in true Derby fashion at the Paradise Center for the Arts in Historic downtown Faribault. The annual Big Hats & Big Hearts Derby Party and Auction for the Arts is the region’s best Kentucky Derby Event! The party includes derby themed food and drinks, games, hat and fashion contests, Derby photo booth, live music and the 144th Running of the Kentucky Derby on the big screen. The event is hosted by, nationally acclaimed auctioneer and former "voice of the Timberwolves" and host of the Cannon Falls News on KDHL Rod Johnson.
Listen for chances to win tickets on air! And guests will be on AM Minnesota Thursday May 3 at 9:30am to talk about this event!
The Live and Silent Auctions include a variety of unique items and experiences, many of them entertainment themed. 2018 Live Auction Items include:
- Private Dinner with Senator John Jasinski
- Private Drinks & Dessert After Party with Kat & 8 First Choice Tickets to NBC’s The Voice semi-finalist Kat Perkins New Year’s Celebration at the Paradise on Sunday, December 30
- Mystery with the Mayor (a mystery outing with Faribault Mayor Kevin Voracek)
- Private one hour House Concert with Dr. Mike Hildebrandt, Dallas Musselman, and Doug Maddow
- Breakfast with the King (Joseph Hall Elvis--America's Got Talent finalist) on the morning of his Elvis Rock ‘n’ Remember show at the Paradise on Friday, September 14
- Cupcakes & Wine with NBC News and Kare 11's Janel Klein at the Hudson-Wilson Mansion
- Traditional Maine Lobster picnic for four at the Inn at Shattuck-St Mary’s provided by Maine native, Steve Twitchell
- Gunflint Trail Cabin get-a-way
- ABC Travel round-trip airline tickets
- One-of-a-kind Wood Carving by internationally renowned carver, Marv Kaisersatt
- Yeti Cooler filled with beverages, donated by Ace Hardware
- Four front-row Twin’s Baseball tickets donated by Parker-Kohl
- Gourmet dinner for 6 at the home of The Merlin Players artistic director, Julianna Skluzacek
- South Dakota weekend get-a-way
Silent auction items include a Monroe Crossing Bluegrass Staycation, C. Willi Myles comedy pack, Run Like Hell Pink Floyd party, original artwork by several local and regional artists, a Winter Farmers’ Market basket, Ruth Havumaki quilts, a Pet Portrait of your pet by 3-time Best of Southern MN Scene visual artist, Julia Fakler, pottery class with Dianne Lockerby, along with many other items. This year’s fund-the-need will help support much-needed technology updates at the Paradise.
"The Paradise Center for the Arts is a significant community anchor for Faribault and our region. We are committed to providing great live music, community theatre and visual arts that is affordable," says Kristen Twitchell, Paradise executive director: "this event is a great way to have fun and support an important community asset."
Guests have a chance to win gift cards donated by local businesses or other Paradise prizes when they purchase a Big Hats & Big Hearts glass. Games include a horse race table, Win-Place-Show Plinko, plus awards for the best-dressed couple, tackiest suit, classic and most outrageous Derby hat, and other door prizes.
The Big Hats & Big Hearts Derby Party and Auction for the Arts is Saturday, May 5 starting at 4 pm. Pre-tickets are $20 and include entry into a drawing for a $400 performance package at the Paradise. Tickets at the door are $25. For more information or to purchase tickets call 507-332-7372, visitwww.paradisecenterforthearts.org or stop by the box office located at 321 Central Avenue N in downtown Faribault.