10 Signs You’re From a Small Town in Minnesota
My graduating class was 42 people, and I can tell you where and what each of them are doing to this day. Here are the 10 signs that you're from a small town too...
- Everyone knows you AND all your business. Same goes for you - you can name ever single person in your graduating class, their siblings AND parents!
- Your favorite smell was either a bonfire, snowmobile exhaust or gas
- You have to tell people what big city is near you, because nobody has heard of your town: "it's a half hour outside of Rochester."
- Speaking of the "big city" that's where you went for "special occasions!"
- Your teachers taught your parents and call you by their name, or my fave "Robyn Junior" UGH
- Your math teacher was also your drivers ed instructor, volleyball coach and softball coach
- You wore sweatshirts that advertised bars to school, and nobody ever complained
- Speaking of bars, there are more bars than churches in your town
- When your high school team goes to state, the whole town shuts down, AND they put on a parade when you get back
- You would go on day long bike rides, and would know it was time to come home for dinner when you heard your mom screaming your name